It’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve posted an update on my progress. Spring is a really busy time at the boatyard. Add to that a trip to see my son’s college graduation ceremony and a trip to the west coast to set up a boat for the Transpac and something had to give. Rather than that be progress on Bisquit, I decided to postpone updates. Right now I have removed all of the bad core from the deck and prepped the inner skin for new core.

Name:  2015-04-29 18.55.05.jpg
Views: 1844
Size:  43.8 KB
Name:  2015-05-19 19.22.46.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  74.1 KB

I left ribbons of deck in place for a couple of reasons. They will allow for smaller, more manageable lay ups and core replacement and they will provide reference points for the deck shape when I fair the new outer skin.

Name:  2015-05-14 19.10.16.jpg
Views: 1862
Size:  81.4 KB

The bow is re-cored. I put 3/8” G10 sheet at the bow and at the stanchions, deck fill and dorade vent to stiffen the deck and prevent water ingress in the future. I backfilled the areas where the inner and outer skins taper and meet with west system epoxy thickened with a combination of high and low density filler. I will put G10 under all the stanchions, chainplates and cleat locations aft. After it is all re-cored I will taper the deck to meet the core allow for a smooth transition on the layup.