I got serious about this tonight after work. Busted out the 4 1/2" grinder to cut the tabbing that was holding the furniture in. Even with a full face respirator on I could smell the acrid smoke and fumes of the heated epoxy-yuck! I can honestly say polyester grinds more flavourful. Before I proceed with anymore grinding we will replace the carbon cartidges.

It was good to open up the area to help visualize the changes we're goin to make there. I was hoping to use several of the transverse bulkheads tabbed in from the recent previous furniture but it doesn't look as promising tonight as it did last night. But, armed with confidence a complete denuding of the forecabin isn't quite as daunting as it was several years ago. It certainly doesn't wear on me like the nagging feeling of knowing that the space is just 'not right' in more ways than I can really explain.

The pieces left in place will serve as references or landmarks to help lay-out the patterns for the new configuration. At least until they are also removed. Yes, I said patterns. Full sized and accurate! Hopefully this will help eliminate, or at least reduce, wasted time and materials. And speaking of materials. I'm thinking about using some 1/4" and 3/8" plywood this time around to spare some unneccesary material weight. Let's face it, it doesn't all have to be 1/2" and 3/4". The weight of the pieces I hauled off tonight was a bit worrysome to me in the past. Certainly when you consider there was still more cabinetry to go in!

I'll gas up the camera tomorrow and try to remember to snap a few pics.