+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THE e33 DAY SAILER

THE e33 DAY SAILER

The speakers at today's yacht club luncheon were the designer and principals in a new sailing yacht, the e33: Robbie Doyle (Doyle Sails) and Jeremy Wurmfeld (Wurmfeld Design [yachts]). (Ontario Yachts, the builder, was not represented. Something about a border crossing problem.)

This 33 foot daysailor has a strong likeness to the Commander: huge cockpit and a small two light dog house. The standing rigging is only shrouds and a headstay. The swept back spreaders allow the shrouds act to stabilize the mast from falling forward. The forestay is THE adjustable rigging item - tight for windy conditions and loose for light airs.

Spars are carbon fiber (the brochure and Web page indicate an aluminum mast, but that has changed). They are thinking about using carbon fiber standing rigging!

Doyle explained that the design was engineered around comfort first. Seems he's getting older and . . well you know. The boat is designed to develop its full potential without putting anyone on the rail. There are no winches and a minimum of control lines.

Without a backstay, the main looks like an America's Cup main. Very powerful. The jib is not a deck sweeper, but is also not a really high clew sail.

All this has a boat show sail away price (includes sails and engine) of $129,000.

Check it out at: www.emarinedesign.com

Thumbs up absolutely spectacular

stunning craft. and also 129 large. i will try to remember to dream about this boat in between my dreams about equally attainable pleasures. angelina jolie, that insane chick who played catwoman in the original Batman movie whatsername, the e33, scarlett and her golden globe johanssons...

Artekno H Class

Anyone ever seen one of these? New to me, but then they all are. Nice looking craft.

http://images.traderonline.com/img/6/plcnad/3993440/82199405_1.jpg
    Last edited by Wildcat; 01-27-2006 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread