Thread: gooseneck sources

Threaded View

Thanks Bill,

Here are the gooseneck parts. This was the stock roller furling gooseneck, or so it appears to me. Part A (arrowhead) is broken. The front of the piece was shattered and a section of it broke away, leaving the bolt (part C) partially exposed.

Part B (toggle) has a severely elongated bolthole opening on the side not shown here and is worn somewhat on the side shown. I will endeavor to replace all three parts. Although I suppose if I could find a new roller furling core for part A, or have one made I could salvage the remainder of part A, but I would prefer to have a deeper flange where part A is inserted into the boom end. My boom and part A have been drilled twice in a total of eight locations, so there was some concern here by a previous owner, but the part was apparently reused. This gooseneck failure did not casue a catastrophic accident, but rather resulted from a catastrophic mast accident described in the Gallery forum. I am thinking that and stainless steel part may be a better choice if fabrication is necessary.

I am in the process of replacing all of the wire on my rig at the same time.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Scott Galloway; 09-15-2004 at 01:12 AM.
    Scott