Chance

You have been very busy since you last poked your head up here. The clean meticulous nature of your work is always nice to see. And I really like those new Forespar cockpit drains.

So tell me is the hand pump the only bilge pump you plan to have on Heritage? On Destiny I'm taking a differant tack. My aging body would only be able to handle a hand pump for so long and then we would just have to sink. And as I thought through it I realized if I'm busy pumping away I can't be doing other necessary things that will need doing in an emergency situation. So I'm going with a double electric pump setup. The first pump will be the one that does almost all of the water pumping work for Destiny. It will be a low volumn inexpensive pump that will pump from the bottom of the keel and do 98% of the work. It will also not cost an arm and a leg to replace annually. The second pump will be a very high volumn pump that will pump from a point higher in the keel and will almost never come on. It will only come on when the water coming in is coming in faster than the small volumn pump can handle. It is my hope that this double setup would give me significantly more time to get to shore than I would have with a hand pump.