+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 227

Hybrid View

Mast Mods

Beautiful work!

I've procrastinated on rigging-up for my spinnaker... But with the wind blowing here, I have not been so eager to try & fly the kite!

Mike, Here's a lead on a Commander..... 1965 Pearson Commander 26 - Please Contact (Dallas)

Nice mods to the big stick, Mike.

Hey, what a coincidence! I was just shopping for exit plates a couple of days ago! I decided to nix the cast mast head (and spreader sockets) and try to find the best compromise in designing a new welded top piece. We're going to accomodate spare halyards and that pretty much relagates us to internals as I don't want a mess of lines slapping the mast. I'm diggin' where you're going with the foresail halyard. What do you use to attach your...extension? Just tie them together? Mechanical?

Did you do your own patching there? We could use a bit of filling here too. And with sheaves that are a smaller diameter than the originals we are going to have that inch and a half by five inch hole to fill in on the top.

Anyway, it's always good to see some photos of your work and I can't wain to see The Princess in person.

Oh yeah, nice gybe and nice looking asym. Is that an 'inhouse' sail?
    Last edited by Tony G; 06-21-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    My home has a keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Did you do your own patching there?
    I guess I should focus a little more on reading, huh?
    My home has a keel.

Carl, thanks for the lead...the boat is beautiful! They are touch with each other so I hope they can hammer out a deal and we can get another Commander in our little fleet.
    Tony, The Ronstan blocks I used fit nicely in the big slot from the main shieve. I don't know why you could not just stack a couple up to get your extra halyards.
    I will strip an inch or two from The bitter end of the jib halyard and whip in a thin loop that I can tie a length of Spider wire or other thin cordage to raise and lower the jib.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread