+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 227

Hybrid View

!!! Bummer !!!

Its not even the middle of October!!
    Attached Images  

Send some of that cooler weather down here...

We have 87 degrees with a high predicted over 90 and 70% humidity. Just came back from my grandsons football game where we melted in the stands from the heat. You send us some cold and we will send you some heat and we will both be better off!!!

W.t.f.

I'm feeling a little ripped off. First we have the 7th coldest summer on record, and now we're getting December weather in October.
    I WANT MY INDIAN SUMMER!!!!
    Its only 1700 mile to Belize as the crow flies, I could drive the first third in two days.... how long to sail across the gulf?
    Attached Images  

World Trade Foundation???

I feel your pain, disgust, anger, frustration, rage, animosity, resentment, ire, did we leave anything out, Mike? This surely put a big wrinkle in your work plans for this fall! I keep telling myself, just two more winters....but it's hard this early in October, isn't it?

With regards to Belize. Just talked to my friend yesturday and Key Caulker is somewhere you'd wanna strike from your plans this year. San Pedro on Ambergris is a little better but they're hurting too. Anyone not from there has a target on 'em. Reminiscent of the late 80's... Bummer, cuz we wanted to go back this spring. St. John come March? St. Patrick's Day is a hoot I hear.

Hang tough, brother.

shaft log

What was the size of the your shaft log (g-10 tubing)? I need to order one for my boat and it looks like the outside diameter of your tubing is about the largest you can fit in the boat. thanks mike

Sorry for the slow reply

Mike,
    Sorry for the slow reply. I have not been on the board lately.
    I used 1 3/4" G10 with 1/4" wall thickness. McMaster-Carr # 86555K474
    I opted for this because;
    1, The outside diameter matched that of my shaft log so the rubber tube that connects them seals well.
    2, the cutlass bearing (I believe I used a Blackfish) pressed into the I.D. tight enough where no mechanical fasteners or retainers were needed.
    I hope this helps, your probably done with the job by now.
    Mike
    C227

Hooray!!!!

Hooray for me...hooray for The Princess!!!
    Boo and I spent our Easter cleaning up The Princess. I got the freeboard and Boo (my wife, the real Princess) scrubbed up the insides. We figured we'd do the decks once she was in the water. we splashed her, then figured we'd bend the sails before we scrubbed the decks. well, so there we were in the water with the sails bent. It was sunny and 60 degees, blowing around 10 knots and no one else was on the lake. ya think the decks ever got scrubbed? We had a wonderful Easter sail. It must be the earliest I've ever been out.
    The Princess is riding a strong inch higher after the removal of the compensator ballast. It did not effect the trim at all, you can see she still rides her lines very well.
    Attached Images  

Looking for hinge parts

I am also a Commander owner (#20) from the Cleveland Yachting Club, OH, and have a question about whether you still have the hinges from your hatch which you removed several years ago. The hinges on my engine well cover have been damaged and I'm looking to find replacements. (The part that connects to the deck).

I can't help you but I know that Chance Smith, owner of Cieli, had problems which he solved finding replacements for the lazerette hinges on his boat. you might look him up in the members list and email him for help. I know there is a left and a right hand version; they are not interchangeable.

Commander 20 if you can't find anyone with some here is a possible option.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...me=Hatch+Hinge
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

+ Reply to Thread