Commander 227,
Thank you for your prompt reply and for offering up your original clamshell vents and any of the rubber seal that you can salvage. That would be great if you would include the hinge sets too. One of my hinges has a break in it, but is serviceable. Both of them are a bit worn and loose, perhaps needing a larger pin?....., but if yours are in decent shape, I'll find them a new home on Ceili, #256. Here's my address: Chance Smith, 472 N. Trotman Road, Camden, NC, 27921. Thank you much for your assistance. Understand the wood screws will work for the winch base onto the wood islands, how about attaching the base of the islands to the deck? Would you do the same, use wood screws up from the underside of the deck, into the base? The only other way I see in doing it, would be to epoxy studs into the base, but then that would make hole alignment and drilling very tricky. Also wanted to mention, your work is remarkable, not to mention the berthing slips at your marina! I have already identified your aft profile of the coamings that you did, and will be doing much the same, much more shapely than the standard round down profile. Did you use teak or genuine mahogany? Where you able to find a single board that was wide enough to accomodate the height that is unique to Commanders?

EBB,
Yes, Capt. Bill did mention the Pearson seals, but said that an order would have to be made, and for that to happen, there would have to be enough interest from the association / members to justify the cost. I'm only (1), and I think the minimum order from who ever the supplier, is quite large. I have seen the other seal that you mention and that was identified by others but I really want to use that which Pearson utilized. The alternative, IMHO is not really a decent replacement.
Thanks for your input and motivation. The two of you are incredible classic plastic owners with outstanding talent!
Respectfully,
Chance