Quote Originally Posted by Rico View Post
1.- Interesting approach on the bulkhead & door! Being aware of the privacy issue (with the girls) I put in a curtain on a bungy chord. Not nearly as private as a door, but it seems to work really well - and when not in use it keeps the cabin open, making it seem more spacious than it is...

I wonder if the full bulkhead & door in the small cabin might make it a bit too prone to claustrophobia? Just a point to consider...
We use The Princess strictly as a day sailer, (or mostly a night sailer) as we live just 3 blocks from her slip. The only time we spend below decks is to use the head, pick a new playlist on the Ipod, or to fetch a fresh brewski. Oh and my wife wants a little counter space to prepare the cheese plates. I agree that the knee wall type bulkhead really makes the little cuddy seem spacious and I am hesitant to give up the open feeling, but a decent head is the biggest reason we moved from the Ensign to the Commander in the first place.

I assume that it will be the same as a Ariel on the forward side of the bulkhead> Hey Ariel guys... how do you like your heads? I guess I should make some quick cardboard bulkheads and see if I like it.

I also am thinking of bringing the companionway bulkhead all the way down to the bunks and sole so you can't see into the lazerettes, just to clean it up some. Maybe still have an access door.

I will put up a post soon on my electric inboard plans.