+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A-231 Periwinkle

Hybrid View

Joe

interesting thought. I was headed down the track of fabricating a clamp that grabs the base of the stanchion (like a cheeseborough clamp). I'll give that a think...

thanks,
    bill
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 03-12-2007 at 10:33 AM.

today was a day for getting the top side sanded and ready for a fresh paint on the cabin and decks. Ebb, you are right, "silicone is EVIL"... we spent far to much time sanding that goop from around the portlights we glued in last year...
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 03-25-2007 at 03:33 PM.

on the plus side this year's "experiment in tools" is working just fine. I picked up a set of drywall stilts last year for a theater project. always thought they would work at the boat yard for some varnishing... It turns out these are faster than staging and kind of fun too.
    Attached Images  

Very clever idea Bill. Could come in handy when there is no room around the boat for staging as well.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

the weather hasn't been helping this year's race to the water. generally i'm in the same week as Liberty (Triton #15). Looks like she beat me in this year...
    Attached Images  

Since I wasn't sure if last year's pink bottom was the result of insufficient mixing, or the fact that I was painting in a snow storm. I took no chances; this year the paint got a thorough thrashing with a mixer and was applied on a warm day.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 04-22-2007 at 07:40 PM.

That's a nifty mixer. Before I slapped on a quick coat of paint over my repair this morning I must have stirred the new quart of bottom paint for 15 minutes. I envisioned something like what you just posted while I was slowly entering carpal tunnel town.

and the result...
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread