View Poll Results: Shoud we add a Gallery forum?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this would be great. I would no longer have to hunt for the photo threads

12 75.00%
  • No, I like how everything is now. If it aint broke...

2 12.50%
  • I don't really care one way or the other, but thanks for asking.

2 12.50%
  • go away

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should we make a Gallery forum?

Should we make a Gallery forum?

I noticed a number of photo threads througout the site. I can create a new forum that is dedicated to photos. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Bill Jr.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    The forum won't let me vote. "Session invalid." It seems I've been stripped of my voting privileges.

I would've thought that unfortunate incident at the Regatta party had long since been forgotten.

Wink

Nonsense, Pete. I thought that "moon over Miami" stunt was a laugh riot.
    A gallery forum would be nice, especially if it can be cross referenced to the threads from which it sprang.(sprung?)
    ()-9

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. I thought I maintained some modesty by wearing a protest flag.
    Last edited by commanderpete; 01-23-2003 at 09:28 AM.

gallery

well, most of the galleries are of someone re-doing, re-building, etc and spur a number of technical questions about how that particular owner is doing something or why.

the only galleries that make sense to separate are the "look how pretty my boat is" kind. which we seem to have many fewer of than the "look at how i destroyed my boat" type.

maybe a compromise would be to not put the pics in another place, but instead creat some sort of index (that's what we really need)

bill, is that possible? A forum that just lists all the galleries and then links/sends you to the technical thread, with all it's associated discussion. and let the pics reside in the technical arena (well, those as described above about re-building, etc)

maybe the new forum can do both, hold the "pretty boat" pics and link one to the "torn up boat" pics.

just a though.

but i do really like the idea of at least a single place to go to find pics.

-km #3

Originally posted by commanderpete
    The forum won't let me vote. "Session invalid." It seems I've been stripped of my voting privileges.
    Try logging out/resetting cookies and then logging in again. I checked your profile and saw nothing that should cause a problem.

]Originally posted by mrgnstrn
    well, most of the galleries are of someone re-doing, re-building, etc and spur a number of technical questions about how that particular owner is doing something or why.

the only galleries that make sense to separate are the "look how pretty my boat is" kind. which we seem to have many fewer of than the "look at how i destroyed my boat" type.

maybe a compromise would be to not put the pics in another place, but instead creat some sort of index (that's what we really need)

bill, is that possible? A forum that just lists all the galleries and then links/sends you to the technical thread, with all it's associated discussion. and let the pics reside in the technical arena (well, those as described above about re-building, etc)

maybe the new forum can do both, hold the "pretty boat" pics and link one to the "torn up boat" pics.

just a though.

but i do really like the idea of at least a single place to go to find pics
    Very good point. I did some research with your suggestions in mind and found some interesting ideas:

PhotoPost
    PhotoPost features and cost

They have some links to sites using photo post as well.

Bill

I vote for the "pretty boat" gallery. I've been dying to show off how well my restoration project turned out.
    Attached Images  

I recall lamenting some time ago that our "Facts & Photos" page doesn't really have much in the way of photos. If we cannot put any photos there, a link to a gallery here in the Forums would be just as good.

+ Reply to Thread