Going aground is part of a day's work, and the Ariel takes it well. On the St. Mary's River going into Lake Superior we went aground at full speed on an uncharted rock (granite up there, none of this soft limestone or coral) hard enough to send my wife to the hospital (she doesn't sail any more for some reason).

I don't run aground intentionally, but because of the Ariel keel, and the way the boat is built, I take her places others, with their fin keels and spade rudders, wouldn't dare go. Just, when you touch, try to touch softly, when there are no seas.

But I do have to recount the story of when #82 was pulled off the beach by the Coast Guard, after been pushed up there by a passing ferry, and the Coast Guard whatever said "Any boat that has been grounded should be put into the dumpster" So here I am 30 years later. But I can empathiize with your reaction

Don't worry about it. It doesn't make any differenc anyway if the keel fills up with water - unless you are a racer and don' t want the extra weight. And if you have a hole in the keel shell, that will drain the water automatically when the boat is pulled for the winter.