+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Navigation Lights

Hybrid View

Commanderpete - have you contacted - or should I?
    I am also suffering from a cracked stern light glass globe syndrome... I could smack myself! -Ugh!

I was lucky to have all 3 globes intact... but no longer!

I installed a new gasket when installing the LED and I guess I tightened it too much for the beautiful globe's liking - not enough to destroy the globe straigh away, but enough for it to develop a crack.

I thought that I may be able to keep moisture out with a bit of prnetrating sealer, but nope - the water went in. I took the light apart and the 40 year-old globe is now in 3 pieces.

I am waiting to see if the globe can be somehow repaired. (A glass artist friend is attempting some magic...)

I've searched for a replacement with no luck so far... Perhaps these might fit?!

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Rico please give him a shout.

I'm still conflicted about the stern light. I bought a cheapo incandescent replacement, but never installed it. My light somehow continued to work without a globe all year.

I don't know if I'm going to keep the original and get a replacement globe and LED bulb.

I looked very hard to find an LED replacement fixture. They don't seem to make a deck mount sternlight.

There is one guy "boaterbits" on ebaymotors selling a fixture. But I seriously doubt the bulb is bright enough
    Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread