I think I have the same track you do on my Commander Anthony. I can't imagine how you'd sail without it. When its blowing with the small headsail up I run the sheets from the cabin top out to the block on the long track then back to the winch. The sheet overides on the winch coming straight off the cabin top and my daughter's don't have the muscle to work the headsail and cleat off on the cabin top without the winch. It looks a little odd at first to see the sheet go through two blocks but it works well and lets you always cleat the headsail sheet on the side of the coaming where the person at the helm can reach it.

It seems essential for the 150. It's so far back of the widest part of the boat it can keep that big sail closer in so it points up better than a lot other boats the same size. With the block forward the sail can really belly out when you need the curve in lighter winds (we have a lot of that on the Chesapeake). It might be different with roller furling. I still have manual furling. We change headsails a lot and strangely enough think its part of the fun. I did make some small backing blocks for the bolts but it seemed strong even before I did that.