Thanks Bill and Commander Pete,

That Rig Rite page is superb. Heck they have spars, booms and all sorts of things, although I am not sure about he availability of our Ariel /Commander boom. We ought to feature this source in the manual if possible as a safety upgrade of thegooseneck, since these old parts are probably universally long of tooth. I need both the arrow and a toggle. I went to the Rig Rite page, reviewed the specifications and then measured my parts. Those advertised by Rig Ritew appear to be identical to the gooseneck parts on my boat.

I was able to obtain a used Roller Reefing Gooseneck Shaft (arrowhead) and the boom end cap into which it fits today, and both in good condition, but the prices quoted for fabrication of a new toggle from two sources was prohibitively expensive in light of the cost of a complete new boom assembly which woudl work on an Ariel but would be a different section and not OEM. I was most fortunate to obtain the used arrowhead. And with Rig Rite supplying the toggle, I am set.

I am going to order a new toggle from Rig Rite tomorrow.

While we are at it, anyone know of a ready source for 3/16 thick chainplates for the upper and lower shrouds? I receved quotes today ranging between $60 and $80 a piece in 316 stainless steel chainplates, polished above deck only.

This forum is most useful. Many heads worrying about the same boats produce wonderful results and many varied and inventive solutions. It is most fortunate when this site also produces sources of the OEM parts.

Very cool