From below . .
    Attached Images  

Another sprit view
    Attached Images  

The windless drive . .
    Attached Images  

Some trim additions to the engine bay
    Attached Images  

This galley photo shows the pin rail and backing above the port quater berth
    Attached Images  

And another view of the "new" bottom!
    Attached Images  

Geoff's Notes

Geoff included a note with the latest bunch of photos. Here is most of it . .

>>>>

Thanks for sending the news. . . great to hear UHURU did the trip under her own steam. Re: Ebb comments on the boat's interior. He recons it's the best in the world. He wants to know how we trecked nto the forest and selected the best trees, etc.,

Truth be known, I just had a picture in my head. I did all the donkey work and Frank the shipwright and his offsider Craig did the fine joinery. They made the sow's ear of a job into a silk purse.

Frank has been my lighthouse on a dark and storym night on many occasions. I can rummage through his scrap pile any time and pinch bits of paint, etc., instead of buying a full tin. He's been great all through the project. Not so the other contractors in the boatyard. Lot's of trouble with them and an indifferent slack owner woh I would dearly like to pick a fight with

I haven't been to the boat for any lenght of time since since late November. We did manage to fit the anchor winch and bow rollers. I have a date with the "sparks" on 10 Jan to do the wiring, put lights where they have to go, etc. She should come alive and out of her coma some time in January, all being well. It will be good to have power aboard, solar panels working, etc.

I have wrote to Tony Benado. What a buzz. I had to appologise fer calling him a crazy yank

Oh yes, getting the old anti-fouling off was a difficult job. It clogged up everything we were using, so we were reduced to chipping it off with wood chisels. Good in a way because the hull below the water line got a thorough going over. That job should have been "first cab off the rank" as soon as she was in the yard. Once we started grinding, damp patches would appear out of the freshly ground glass. All solid now with the full epoxy treatment.

No where near as fair as Ebb's bottom -- sorry, Ebb's boat's botom
    Last edited by Bill; 03-02-2005 at 09:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread