Geoff,

Good to hear from you again. How was summer on the bus? With the new round of photos thoughly digested I've got more questions for you.

1. I can't tell from the pics, did you paint the spreader bases along with the mast. If so, does there need to be some sealant between the two pieces when they go back together? What was your paint of choice for the mast? It looks like it was sprayed on, HVLP?

2. Mast step!! Wow, how'd I miss that the first couuple of times. What is it made of? Did you shave anything off of the mast to accomodate it or stretch the shrouds and stays? What about the four big eye-bolt looking 'jobbies'? How did you come to realization/desicion that arrangement would work best(assuming they are for mast base blocks)?

3. This board discussed headsail furlers awhile back. I've noticed the rather industrial furler on UHURU. What is it? How do you like it?

4. I'm very interested in your seahood and dodger. How did you arrive at the shape for your seahood? Was it laid over a mold/in a mold? Solid fiberglass or glass and wood? What are the dimentions inside the dodger(height and width)? Is your gooseneck fixed or sliding and what is your boom height off of the cabin top?

5. Is that a macerating head peeking through?

She looks great, Geoff. Beautiful stainless work. It appears that you're planning to saill in the worst sea conditions in the world. That's okay by me.
I noticed the yard looks to be full of boats yet the weather looks most inviting. Is it just normal to pull the boat in winter? I'm ready to move there!

Hey, best wishes and can't wait for an update. Tony G