Ebb,

G'day Ebb, yes you can see the slump, starboard side at the stern. It don't slump now, and will never even twitch again. I called her the sick sadistic twisted *****, for awhile, buy only in private

I don't know about moving the head aft, I just moved it about 3 feet from portside and a quarter turn to face aft and there it is. The main bulkhead to me is the bulkhead beteen the saloon and forward cabin. It supports the mast. (Well, it does now since I fixed it.)

Thanks for your comments Ebb, I didn't know I was capable of inspiring anyone. I'm just a babe-in-the-woods when it comes to boat building, or any other building for that matter. I did take a carpenter course a few years ago. Signed up to make kitchen cupboards, etc. The teacher said my project was a little ambitious for a first try, so I made a table tennis bat (ping pong paddle - ha).

The cockpit drains are constructed from thick wall plumber pipe and glassed over. Since your comments, I will put another couple of layers of matt over them.

I don't like the idea of a hatch in the cockpit floor. I dont' see what could fly around in there. There will only be the engine and starter battery, both well secured.

I like the idea of a diesel below decks. I have been sitting in UHURU's cockpit up to the chest in white water. I don't know if an outboard would have kept going, and if the engine had stopped, if I would be here to tell the tale. Mind you, I believe she crossed the Pacific with an outboard, and the diesel was fitted in OZ.

About my aft cockpit drains, you say "treat it like the rudder tube." How the hell do you treat the rudder tube?

Reading that last bit, it sounds like a stupid question. Hi Ebb, I'm Pommy Geoff -