Leigh Dennis, a friend of Geoff's, writes:

Geoff has asked me to pass on some messages, He has not been to his boat since October last year. His good mate, Roy Booty became ill, and Geoff was caring for him. I am sad to say our old skipper passed away in January and we have found life a trifle difficult to deal with, especially Geoff. His boat is being completed by contractors and he hopes to visit her on Friday of this week. Also the heat at this time of year is only bearable if you are sitting in front of a fan 24/7, that is unless you are a "Colonial" as Geoff puts it (the cheek of the Poms). Geoff hopes to have Uhuru back in the water in about a month.

Now for some colonial humour:

After reading some of the notes on the threads you told me about, can we make a comment on 'Geoff is just outside of Brisbane', we could only wish - to get to Brisbane from here it is about 8 hours and a petrol stop. Geoff is actually in Yeppoon ( closest city being Rockhampton) on the central Queensland coast, next to Shoalwater Bay, military traing ground. Uhuru is at present in Gladstone about 2 hours south of Rockhampton.

To put our skipper to rest, a fleet of yachts are heading north to Pearl Bay, about 50km, on arrival they are having a small ceremony and scattering of the ashes. We have a special guest arriving from England (Roy's daughter) for her final goodbye, Geoff is praying Uhuru will be ready to go.

To date Geoff has not got any more photo's, but will get back to it soon.