Here are some notes from Geoff:

I am really busy at the moment, like a lizard drinking flat out. I have some time off at the moment because of cyclone Benni. It came tearing towards our stretch of coast last Tuesday afternoon, caused a welter of activity in the boatyard, moving loose gear, tying boats down, etc., etc. I high tailed out of there mid afternoon. It was blowing a hoolligan, with horrizontal rain. I got back to Rockhampton just hours before the roads were cut by flood water. It was like being in a Lassie movie. (Hey Toto, this isn't Gladstone.)

I had just cut the holes for the new opeining portlights in the forward cabin, fitted one, but the screws were too long and I couldn't dog it down. I had to hurriedly tape up the gaps, the portside just has a hole with a plastic shopping bag taped over it. I will probably have to bail her out when I get back. It's still raining on and off, very damp and humid at the moment -- 81 degrees F. with 72% humidity.

The cyclone is now a rain depression and should break up over the next few days, then it will be back to my baby. (Might even work on the boat, too.)