Thread: A-228 - GEOFF's AUSSIE PHOTO GALLERY

Threaded View

shipwright

We're looking at photos but realty would be more revealing.
    Not sure who did what inside UHURU but the shipwright couldn't have done much wrong
    - we have here some of the finest smallboat interior carpentry imaginable.

I have not seen, for example, this treatment of the cabin sole befor, clever and absolutely beautyful! (pg 10/147 - pg 7/93/94/95)
    To me the shipwright saw the interior job as a whole and hardly missed a lick. Working for an owner is always difficult, especially with strong personalities involved.

'This ain't no grand piano!' we used so say. But UHURU, down below, comes pretty close.

To be candid, Geoff's dodger cab has taken time for me to get used to. Latest group of pictures from various angles have helped me accept it as part of the whole Ariel. It adds a huge amount of livability to a tiny boat, nearly doubling the living space. Not hard to imagine surveying a chaotic storm - with a mug of strong steaming tea in hand - from under the protection of the porch.
    I've noticed that yacht designers when faced with the dodger vs streamlining simply make the dodger a darker color. Sunbrella blue is often their way out. Disappears to the eye against the lighter color of the cabin.
    Last edited by ebb; 01-16-2007 at 11:41 AM.