+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Hybrid View

Thumbs up EBBS RESTORATION

JUST GOT BACK FROM ANOTHER FINE SAIL ON LAKE CHAMPLAIN
    AND JUST LOOKED AT THIS THREAD IN ITS ENTIRETY

I AM IN AWE OF EBBS WORK

I AM REAL GLAD I DONT HAVE TO DO THIS AMOUNT OF WORK YET

DOES EBB HAVE A REGULAR JOB??

AND WHEN IS THE LAUNCH DATE???

IF IM EVER IN CALIFORNIA I GOTT SEE HIS BOAT

ICEMAN

PLASTIC MAN FOUND

ebb will be found one day aboard his little ship preserved in what experts will believe to be an organic compound called epoxy. The forensictechs will be astounded to discover his Nicholson 49 in its bucket scabbard, and evidence of imported water and delifude in his colon, which proves he had contact with commercial food giants. Studies will show his veins contained a liquid composed of grains and herbs believed to be called 'beveridge.'
    Lung tissue will reveal copper particles and silicon fibers and a hundred other exotic compounds. Scientists will assume the specimin was forced to spend his life climbing in and out of what they believe is a prime example of "restoration" for which they will find no known purpose.

Gene, Bill, thanks for a soul stirring day on the Bay!
    Last edited by ebb; 08-02-2004 at 08:11 AM.

Ebb!
    B-day?...You?...Cheers!

Due to overwhelming demand, we are presenting the next series of photos to show how Ebb created the OB Well Plug.

Step #1, As described elsewhere, two temporary frp sheets were glued to the bottom of the hole delineating the crease that runs between the rudder and the transom. Then the plug shape was molded in with 2 layers of xmat on the sides, more on the bottom to allow for possible fairing. White strips are carpet tape with peeler left on. Plug was glued to the temporary sheets which were then ground off.
    Attached Images  

Step #2, shows the plug being filled with pvc foam and gel.
    Attached Images  

Step #3 Shows the plug during fairing before getting the white sanding primer the inside received.
    Attached Images  

What progress since 08 (or is that 02) of '04, ebb? (Apparently, I am date-ually challenged on this Forum... or I'd be heading south onboard Scirocco about now, right, Bill? ) I'm especially interested in what has been going on with your interior. #370 will need strongback replacement (as part of a General Replacement of Everything), and I've been considering doing similar to what you've done. If your Non-Bulkheaded Interior is patented and considered Intellectual Property, maybe I'll put a compression post in instead of the massive strongback you created.

I guess that there will be a new Gallery thread of the work on #370 starting soon - I'm about to go spread sail all over the lawn for perusal and note-taking. Have a compass and some sheet blocks here to clean up. Pitiful little projects when compared to the volumes of work being done North and West of here, but all that I have on hand for the next 6 weeks until The Adventure Begins...

Kurt
    Last edited by CapnK; 01-31-2005 at 09:20 AM.

Kurt: ah - h h - h e m:
    Don't have no stinkon pattent. EVERYTHING I have said or done has been to generate discussion first and to record what has been done right or wrongly to Ariel 338. I yam what I yam, not expert, just sharing for the good of the order, thusly. And very fortunate to be part of this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------

With a pipe compression post I hear you get a great handhold to swing around into the v-berth. It would be a great challenge to be rid of the compression bulkhead (almost) entirely. There'ld be some elegant engineering to do to neutralize the forces of the upper shrouds and mast. But IF that was satisfied maybe an enclosable head could be snuck in there. The framing of the head providing some more immobilizing support under the mast as well. Might consider and plan the 'off center' bulkheading as changed location compression bulkhead. Every piece of furniture you buildin (a shelf, eg) is structural. And you could play with the head enclosure maybe by building it out at right angles to the hull at least in the v-berth side, rather than off the station lines of the architect's drawing - make for more friendly looking space in the remaining berth. Go for it.
    Last edited by ebb; 01-31-2005 at 05:24 PM.

Post NOTICE! MORE PHOTOS COMING

We just finished a photo shoot and update meeting at Ebb's quality yacht barn in beautiful San Rafael, CA. Temp has soared into the low 60's just to accommodate us

Photos with some written details will follow soon. Editing is next . . .

DESIGN CENTER

Here's a photo of Ebb's engineering table where the enhancements for 338 are created
    Attached Images  

COPPER BOTTOM

A copper bottom . . really. Epoxy loaded with powdered copper and then "painted" onto the bottom of the boat. Ebb has agreed to supply the formula upon request.
    Attached Images  

Ebb raises the bar* of 'Ariel restoration' once again...

*(spar?)

Holy Shmokey, that thang looks niiice...

Details, please - section info of that extrusion if possible, and suggested retail?

Looks like we are only seeing the underside of yon boom. Will ye be using a loose-footed main, Ebb, or is there a slot for a bolt rope on the other side?
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

[QUOTELooks like we are only seeing the underside of yon boom . . .[/QUOTE]

The second photo in the first post does show the top of the boom.

"Live" is better

I got a chance last week to see Little Gull in person.

and I must say words can not do her justice, the best I can do is..

Absolutely stunning!

Thanks Ebb

Last edited by Tim D.; 06-05-2008 at 09:12 PM.
    1965 Ariel #331

'MARIAH'

Oh come on! All you association members over there on the left coast, and not one digital camera amongst the lot of you???
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

+ Reply to Thread