Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Yeah,
    West System is up front about it. Sort of.
    What got me was that Interpox had it sealed between two cans and inside a small print pamphlet. like it was dirty.
    W h a t ?
    Like they were embarrassed or something? Wouldn't it be part of the general directions ON the can? Because They know that some of us know that they are using additives like nonyl phenol which is a cheap carcinogenic extender to adulterate their product.

Now, Aye don't know what Intersucs has in this 2 part paste. I have not checked out the MSDS. I'm assuming tho that like System 3 MAS RAKA and West they no longer list nonyl phenol as a hazardous material on their MSDS. Wouldn't you like to know who let That happen?

It is a non volitile carcinogenic additive that increases volume and decreases epoxy's good points like strength, and chemical, temperature and water resistence. While there are epoxies with the stuff that don't blush, all the rest of the adulerated have nonyl phenol at least partially to blame for blushing.

Blush is a greasy film that you cannot trust to another layer without agressive scrubbing. Why trust it after the scrubbing? You got a degree in goddam scrubbing? The window for applying overcoats without the cleaning is very small as it can be done only when it is setting but not cured. This represents a huge amount of time and labor to ready the surface for recoat. In the actual 3D real 26' Ariel boat world why use it? My cod, if I had to scrub down the topsides we are fairing befor each layer I'd truly be nuts be now. How can anybody conceive of a filler that you had to do this to? Corporate sleeze fueled by greed. Maybe worse.

If Interbucs (and the rest of the crew) really cared about your needs they would not sell you junked up epoxies. A boat, or anything your life depends on, requires the best. If these jerks are not selling you the best, or hiding from you the questionable quality of their product, DO NOT TRUST THEM.

For a few bucks more they could do it right, and sell to you a superior product. And EARN your trust.

The head Intercluck gave himself a 9 billion dollar bonus this year fror being so clever in cheapening his product. This is probably a lie. Probably only 8.

Anybody else want the soapbox?
    Last edited by ebb; 11-25-2003 at 08:18 PM.