Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Photos from ebb

Ebb sent a couple of photos of Little Gull.

Hey Bill, Glad we're hanging in there. Watch it. As you know, once I get yacking, like mushrooms.

Harbor Center San Rafael became untenable, including robberies. Time seemed right, my helper never came back. Talked with Triton boys, Steve Gossman suggested Spaulding Boat works. So there I am after being towed there by Ian... and a boatload of other Sunday breakfast of champions. Then the overblown virus thing. Masy got yanked for a couple projects, including installation of Tides Marine STRONG TRACK (hard as a rock black polyethylene. Sailmaker insists. How to mount on our teardrop mast shape. Strong Track needs some flatness under the Schaefer track that ours doesn't have. So we're adding a strip of 1/16"x 1 1/4" aluminum under the Schaefer to get rigidity.. we hope. Sailmaker absolutely insists on the free-slide option. I insist on a bowsprit. Now have a TROGEAR carbon fiber 'V',which sailmaker wants me to fly a Code 0. Lost argument for two regular reefer-furlers. But will have one. It requires a bail up top to take the swivel. Which I had removed, because I wasn't going to set a spinnaker, ever. So mast down also for that AND added track for the stormsail. OK. Ebb's additions brings boat weight up to 6.000 lbs. Let that be a lesson to ya, mates. Raise the waterline!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bill; 05-04-2020 at 02:43 PM.