Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Kurt: ah - h h - h e m:
    Don't have no stinkon pattent. EVERYTHING I have said or done has been to generate discussion first and to record what has been done right or wrongly to Ariel 338. I yam what I yam, not expert, just sharing for the good of the order, thusly. And very fortunate to be part of this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------

With a pipe compression post I hear you get a great handhold to swing around into the v-berth. It would be a great challenge to be rid of the compression bulkhead (almost) entirely. There'ld be some elegant engineering to do to neutralize the forces of the upper shrouds and mast. But IF that was satisfied maybe an enclosable head could be snuck in there. The framing of the head providing some more immobilizing support under the mast as well. Might consider and plan the 'off center' bulkheading as changed location compression bulkhead. Every piece of furniture you buildin (a shelf, eg) is structural. And you could play with the head enclosure maybe by building it out at right angles to the hull at least in the v-berth side, rather than off the station lines of the architect's drawing - make for more friendly looking space in the remaining berth. Go for it.
    Last edited by ebb; 01-31-2005 at 05:24 PM.