Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Thanks Bill,
    Naw, I started with a think piece. An arc that is slightly flattened in the front. When I had the arc idea more or less set I made two out of stacked and grabber screwed plywood pieces. I knew I had to have the same exact arch because if they are different you put a twist in the finished surface. And a somewhat DEarched front because I knew I had to work in a flat hatch. The plywood arcs were tacked together and carved to fit the separate frp lamination going over the companionway. And carved to come more or less to a point at the end of the cabin. Struts were then permanently put in to join the two and 1/4" masonite cut to fit. I use Office Depot (or is it Staples?) white posterboard. Use a lot of it to make full size patterns.

After the layup I had to disassemble (destroy) the mold form. To keep the epoxy from sticking to the wrong stuff I use mylar film, twoside carpet tape, painter's film and saran-wrap (both polyethylene.)

I kept the windscreen as low as I thought practical. And aesthetic. It still looks huge to me! I don't know yet if I really lucked out on the glass hatch for the front. It just fits - in theory. Maybe I'll give the factory a call, right now! They said they make the hatches on order!

It's pretty subjective. I wanted a strong green water hard dodger. Windscreen and pram hood is a compromise. A low entry dodger was out of the question. I'm assuming a good soft dodger maker will be able to solve the folding part of it.
    Last edited by ebb; 08-15-2006 at 07:46 AM.