Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

T o o o many words here

But since this fairing thing has happened here in this far off corner of this site...
    I'll just add this:
    407 after 3 weeks gets mighty hard. I am using a high grade marine 100% solids low vis laminating epoxy, it is relatively easy to knock down compared to the gelcoat. So you can sand smooth curves. You could get to the high-build primer stage with this, since it does feather, but it's hard to control.
    Interlux makes a two part finishing off epoxy called VC that I will locate.
    WM has Awlgrip fairing epoxy that can be used exsystem I believe.

I got page 144 out of the Manual blown up again. This time, the stations, the bread slices. When it's bigger you can site the lines or lay a straight edge against them.
    There are NO straight lines in the hull except the flats in the keel, and they are curved fore and aft.

The bow was/is very hollow. The part of the bow forward of the little bulkhead. A large triangular area is five fillings by now. The hull at the bulkhead around this area is convex and pretty fair. Aft of the imprint hollows probably caused by the stringer begin. They are fairly fair after three full passes. The bow is hollow, on the port side especially, well under the waterline. It is almost as if the natural hollow of the keel and rise of the bilge extended right up to the stem fitting!

It looks like the only true convex lines on the topsides are those where there are bulkheads inside.
    Last edited by ebb; 10-20-2003 at 06:47 PM.