+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Hybrid View

crazy ebb thanks you.

Tony sir, shoot my eye out? Must be my daughter's generation. Shoot my wad, that I can do. This is a very expensive proposition that only the wise and the lucky should attempt. Otherwise you're like me: you just shoot first and pay the consequences later.

Rambling on:
    The stringers now run continuous from stem to lazarette. In the fo'csl they taper to the stem. It's just kerfcut Alaskan yellow cedar (from decking material.) I copied Pearson's spwcs: 1 1/2" X 1 1/2", 3/4" rounded. Pearson's are mahogany. 338's are not a fair run main cabin to the forward compartment. Which for some reason annoys the hell outa me. Because I couldn't fix it.

The tunnels are epoxy frp gas pipe, it's about 2 3/16" ID. Pricey, Very strong and stiff. It's the forward drains that required the long run under the cockpit. That plywood Portageese strongback is gonna GO!

The pipe uses wierd cast epoxy 90s - T.s - and 45s. The T-leg is cut short and tight to the cokpit bottom to bring the run up as high as I could get it to get a decent drop. Exits above the waterline. (where's the waterline?) I put T's there into the cabin rather than 90s for cleanouts (othjerwise the run would be blind) and to maybe add a sink drain to one. The sink would have to be two inches deep. There are 45s at the transom exit to help keep backflow minimum. No flappers maybe.

I want to put scuppers in the rear too. There are many issues to be dealt with in this area. But they'll probably be straight thrus like the rudder tube.

Galley sink is another kettle of fish. If the refit ends up a bachelor pod, the bachelor then could lift one of the two buckets (IE double sink) and dump it down a special funnel in the cockpit scupper. Hell, this b. is tall enough to wash his bowl and spoon leaning over the bridgedeck from inside, almost.

The plan is to waterproof the cockpit lockers. And it's hard not to think about putting in propane lockers in the afterend. I'ld like to kick this one around with the captains courageous here.

cheers Mike, et al, soon as the jaberwoky whistles I'll hoist a Beamish Stout with the crew.
    Last edited by ebb; 09-16-2002 at 09:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread