+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Hybrid View

Oh come on! All you association members over there on the left coast, and not one digital camera amongst the lot of you???
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Didgital what? We ain't got no stinkun........
    Actually I have a Canon Powershot to use now, but I'm still trying to figure out how to wind it up?

Wonderful meeting Tim, and he's OK with Indian cuisine. Continental chap. He's the guy that scored 'Che' from Adam.
    Not sure what he's up to, but he may be wanting to do some custom on her.
    Talking bout some serious trailer cruising.

Tim came by to pickup up Little Gull's tiller fitting to compare with Che's which is in the water and sailing. When he brought it back he said he was glad he compared the two.

Seems the rudderhead on his shaft is wider. It looks similar, but obviously is a different pattern.
    Makes me wonder if Che is unique and has had a DFO change over, or if Pearson changed the pattern sometimes on Ariels and Commanders? As Admiral Bill points out, there were/are a number of 1" shafts out there in different class boats.

For instance: Tritons, both East Coast and West Coast, being larger and heavier may have had beefier rudder fittings. One of them may have graduated to Che. Or half of one of them. Che's problem is, as we have seen in Tim's post, that the tiller half of the fitting - the tillerhead - is missing.

A strong feature of the rudder fitting common to the Ariel (I assume) is that the hinged pieces are essentially a tight machined fit, which cancels play in the parts.
    The Edson nickel plated backup I have is much sloppier than the old Pearson clunker - even after four decades of continual use and abuse. From that standpoint alone, even though the still available Edson 1" rudder fitting is WAY prettier, I would not recommend it as an upgrade or substitute for the A/C.
    Imco as usual.
    Last edited by ebb; 06-06-2008 at 08:29 AM.

I'm starting a collection so we can purchase a community digital camera for this forum's members. We will mail it to those we feel are not posting enough pictures. Included will be a detailed description explaining how to use it and what constitutes a "good shot". When we are satisfied with the amount of pictures taken and posted, you will be notified as to who to send the camera to next. Who's with me?

+ Reply to Thread