+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Hybrid View

J. H. Chriminee! those bottles...maybe the horiz alum Could go in the c'pit seat next to the bridge deck near where the cooker would go. BUT, I'ld only assign them 2 that space to the right of the locker lid. It's fairly useless space unless you're prone to stuffing the locker to the top. So what is avalable as a ready made hatch? NOTHING. So you'ld have to saw out the lid, probably opening not only the top but down the side in front.......Can't face it at this point.

Besides, I don't think, even if you gained a few inches by mounting them high under thw seat that when you're tipped the locker could drain properly. Too close to the waterline. Bummer

Bottles in the pushpit, dressed in blue, be the very last resort. I nearly decided to carry only trailmix on board and a swing-stove with 1# throwaways. No kidding.

The foredeck surround for the hatch. Made a 1/2" liner for the hole, deep enough to tuck the under deck backup strips against it. Then I took the hatch bottom and carpet taped the bottom of it (originally I peeled the tape and stuck on mylar, but the stuff already on the tape releases just as well.) Laboriously wrapped the edge of the bottom, the Bomar is 1/4" high there and rounded too. Clamp it to the liner.

Made up a batch of mishmash. Put the chopped strand in early to get them good and soaked, then add the silica to stiff peaks. Then scrub virgin epoxy into the cavity demolishing the brush. Then use a paper rag towel to wipe any liquid out, don't want the mm to sag. Tuck the goop under the hatch, get it up in the top, you're going to have voids anyway. Leave it rough but not all the way out to the edge, push the fibers in or blade them away. It'll be hardening by now. Mix up plain gel and blade it smooth against the first fill to a close right angle to the hatch. I left it a bit under so that later I could come back with a color coat

Mark the holes, drill them oversize, NOT all the way thru, down to the trim under the deck. Fill with epoxy, there was soak in so the levels fell. Mildly scuff the top of the hardened base and wood and level and fill imperfections with gel. This was the foredeck. Replacement of the hatch in the coach roof was a bit different because of the radical curvature. Gotta go, later!!
    Last edited by ebb; 10-07-2003 at 08:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread