Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Thanks Tim!,
    Travelor? Whart travelor?

Well, since this is sort of a public work in progress, maybe you can get me out of trouble

Aunty Ariel, the Angel of inspiration has failed me on this - however:

1) There could be a midboom travelor on the after part of the hard dodger I plan to put there. But the Angel is telling me that the dodger being so dangerously prominent has to be rounded (therefor not wide enough for a travelor) and I have the feeling that the dodger will have to have a hatch in it also, because it only will have sitting height under.

2) Since the boom on 338 is to be canted up to allow standing in the cockpit, and a vertical pole of some design could be installed permanently to rig a crane to lift the OB out of the well, perhaps this can be conceived as an arch (ouch!) and could also have the travelor on it. Certainly haven't any experience here! This strong structure at the end of the cockpit really appeals to me. It could be independant or part of the push pit. Have installed continuous maranti backing plate under the rear deck, ready for any idea.

Don't have an aesthetic problem with an arch so long as it is practical and necessary.

3) Is a travelor really necessary? What did we do befor Harken? Is there a REAL advantage for a cruiser to have one?

GUYS, GALS, TIM, This is YOUR responsibility
    Last edited by ebb; 06-12-2005 at 06:53 PM.