Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Might have run into Western Marine myself befor. Then discovered these Western Marines is in Western New Zealand or Southern Ireland. OUTther somere.

One of the best if not THE best online northern hemisphere hardware stores is MacMaster Carr. Try em out, takes 15 minutes to comprehend their unique but very useful catalog system.

In fact the choices of possible tank/system hose, tube and fittings on that site (including vinyl, pvc) are incredible but usually limited by how much money you want to spend.

I have wished we could talk about it on a thread but didn't think, as I often find out, anybody would be interested.

I'm still wondering what the best is - and what the second & third choices would be.
    Ideal plumbing layout,
    Best hand pumps,
    Best electric pump,
    Best plumbing material?

(I know I have researched every 'through bulkhead' ie thru-tank fitting on the net. Never have found one that would really work well with glassed in place frp tanks. They are large flange fittings that depend on a rubber washer for the seal - which makes it a maintenance item. The best plastic ones imco are made by Hayward. Because I wanted tanks that would drain into the system and tend to self clean I've ended up epoxying pvc pipe thru tank as low as I could get it. Even got some s.s. pipe nipples to make thru-tanks, but felt, perhaps erroneously, that I'd get a better glue-in with plastic to plastic. Obviously would be best to put in a replacable thru-tank. Make sure trhere is an access plate into the tank over any thru-tank. Or design tank so you draw liquid out of the top.....etc.....etc.)
    Last edited by ebb; 02-03-2006 at 08:08 AM.