Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Thanks Ben,
    Had forgot about the Rostand collection. Visited that Historical Arts site a couple times but don't find it too visitor friendly.
    But I think both fittings are worthy of further inquiry.
    Must say my first take of the SELF-LOCKING BOLLARD CHOCK was more like seeing a Victorian sausage making tool than a rope cradle.
    No. 2447 (comes in 5" and 6" length) the base of the larger one is 1 1/4" wide. Estimating:
    The height inside the chock is 1 1/2". It is just under two inches wide at the thinest point of the bollards, which are about 1/2" wide there. Stated rope size is 'UP TO 1". The blade keeper is 1/2" wide, but there is no way of knowing how thick it is or how it is closed and opened. Would assume 5/16" FHMS bronze fasteners. Imco this fitting is light to medium duty, kind of pretty but not robust.

Ole fisheye wants to see the locking mechanism of the keeper befor even asking about the cost
    I mean if you bend the blade off a little nipple or somthing like a cabinet latch, it becomes problematic.
    I'm trying to imagine streaming a drogue off the stern in a howling storm.

The bollard itself is beautiful. Looks like the pattern was lifted from an already well used original!
    Last edited by ebb; 03-15-2011 at 12:12 AM.