Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Threaded View

Franko,
    Keep telling self to make fullsize mockup with paper and cardboard. I think the basic thing is to have minimal open access to the starboard Q'berth, with the dinette continuing off of it all the way to the bulkhead under the mast. Want to have the largest table possible. I 'see' the table top with hinges somewhere in the middle so that half of it can easily fold UP - hopefully leaving enough room for the off watch to be comfortable when the dinette converts to bunk.

Ideal would be to push the whole 'double' bunk bed thing forward (over the V-berth tanks) so the the galley area and the c'way are free. That's why the compass arch looks so good to me - and it's just a few inches extra gained at bunk level. When the laminated compression beam was built of white oak, I used cloth with epoxy to glue between lams. Resorcinol supposedly doesn't like the wood, and I don't think brown glue is waterproof enough. All the other glues have a problem with creep, except the polyurethanes which I've had problems with just in normal glueing. Anyway, it's a complicated messy project making that bloody arch the hard way - so hopefully I won't find myself doing it!

Have to have the galley at the c'way so I can stand (with the hatch open.) The counter won't continue over to where the icebox was, which has to remain open. I think the port corner is the best location for the kitchen in 338. Aside from shelves and cupboards I'm not certain what will be between the galley and the V'berth on the port side. Because this is standing room here, the ladder has to be removable, tho steps built into the furniture that leaves the center open is an option. Plan a small portable cold box under the bridge.
    Last edited by ebb; 08-03-2006 at 03:58 AM.