+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EBB's PHOTO GALLERY THREAD

Hybrid View

Talking

Thanks Bill, more forensics for an emerging body of evidence!

Hey, Tony, too bad about the wet where you are. Here, it's just the epoxy going off in ten minutes and dripping gallons of sweat into the work.

The OB well as you see it would indeed be wet. The hole is still in its grinded back state. Will try some ideas out on just how to close it up a bit. Soon.

The aft scuppers have a patch still on them from the final leveling. Never got round to the final color coat or cutting the hole free. Wear is doing the job.

Man, I have Agonized over the propane locker. That little stubby bulkhead under the locker-lid scupper isn't glassed in yet. Putting the locker there makes the only remaining exterior locker space very short and small. But the gas would be right next to the appliance. Though much too close to the waterline. Any feedback on that, guys? Couldn't use the stove, probably, except in the marina. Or on a port tack. Maybe here one could use one of those ball-in-cage backflow devices??? I mean on the thru hull drain out the side of the locker!

It'll take a bit of Houdini to glass it in properly. In fact, getting the bottom of the whole locker in took 1/2 an hour of jockying! The bottom of the locker is above the level of the cockpit deck and tilts toward it for draining.

I may go with a square rather than round (shopmade) hatch to get better access to regulator, gauge and hose. You need a 12 1/2" hole to get those 10# (2 1/2 gal) tanks in. And they are not a common size. A slightly shorter version than I got of these are available from W.M. (They don't 'stock' these catalog items so you can't go in and actually measure them - the catalog sez they are 12 1/2 " tall - mine from a propane service at $38 a pop are 14 - But I was desparate!)

Because under the cockpit is home to the battery box (yet to come,) that access hole in the locker is just that. You need to get to any part of the hull with relative ease. If I put another stubby bulkhead under the locker deck. I'll be able to use that area for extra stowage, and not loose stuff down under. Underneath the proposed propane locker there is space for mounting electrical support toys with access behind the ladder and under the bridge deck.

I have also put in longitudinal bulkheads that run along the edge of the cockpit underneath. They run from the lazarette bulkhead to the companionway blkhd. And provide another kind of stringer in the rise of the hull from the keel. Have we got Strong or what!!!
    Last edited by ebb; 08-15-2003 at 10:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread