+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Commander 227

Hybrid View

7th grade shop project

Working on the new interior.
    Port side: cooler drop in, booze bottle holder, cup holders, junk drawer and rubber maid bin storage below.
    Starboard side:
    Hanging locker, sail locker, pull out garbage, counter space for fix'in the cheese and fruit plates.
    Attached Images        

Season opener

We had our earliest ice out since the late 1800's this year, so we are already in.
    The City completely replace their buoy system after last year's break a ways. Everything top notch.
    Had a new radial jib made by Sail Crafters, so much more power out of that little guy! Shape is fantastic!
    Newly installed diesel (the heart of gold) is purring along nicely. We hit hull speed at around 1/2 throttle on smooth water and she will stop on a dime so there is plenty of power. We will have to adjust to actually hearing the motor after being spoiled by the electric. I'll keep my eyes open for a two bladed prop for next year, the three bladed 12X8 seems to be a great fit but being I have so much extra range why drag the extra blade thru the water. I'd like a 12X9RH if any one has one laying around.
    My little shop project below turn out pretty good, I'll post some pictures next time I row out.
    So happy to be back in the water and looking forward to a great season.
    Mike
    C227
    Attached Images  

Checking in

Wow, the relentless march of time. 4 years since my last post.
    Life keeps ticking along. Kids out of college and out in the world, we sold the house in our little lakeside community we raised them in and moved 6 miles from Lake Minnetonka. The Princess was moved to The Wayzata Yacht Club when we lost our city buoy. We now have to get on a bike or car to get to the boat. A rude awakening.
    I have raced in the Ensign fleet at WYC my entire life but the last two years I was racing The Princess in the PHRF fleet. To be somewhat competitive we had to had to undue a lot of the niceties that made The Princess The Princess. My wife hated it and I missed one design racing. This year I’ll be crewing for a newer member in the Ensign fleet and we will be sharing The Princess with an old neighbor so she is back on her old mooring ball in Excelsior. Racing gizmos and sails removed and back in cruising mode.
    Nothing else new with The Princess really. Showing the strain of being well used and time since refit. Bow scuffed and dinged from the mooring ball, nonskid chipped and peeling in a few spots, lines faded and stained. Etc.
    looking forward to another season with the old girl.
    Mike
    C227
    Attached Images  

Hey Mike! Welcome back! Nice picture there. When you get around to it, I'd be curious to see pix of your finished interior project.

Ditto on that! And just arrived back myself, thanks Bill.
    Just plain news is more important than ever these days.
    Pictures too!

Move up to the salt less sea

Big move for The Princess this year, back to the Great Lakes. Only this time to the greatest of the Great Lakes. Superior, Gitchi Gummi, the salt less sea. 1/10 of the fresh water on the entire planet is here in here in this, the world largest lake. She’s in the Duluth harbor at a great full service marina called Barkers Island. We’re super excited!
    Attached Images    

The Princess spiffed up in her cloud white bottom and black dress.

She seems to have a double squinty smile anticipating the move

to the world's largest fresh water inland sea. Dressed to the nines.

Here's a raised toast with a cup of morning macha from Litlgull

Smooth sailing in the bright future ahead!

+ Reply to Thread