Thread: Commander 227

Threaded View

Spring clean up

Still feels like winter here in Minnesota... Freezing rain and snow for most of this week, highs in the 30s and low 40s, night time lows below freezing. We still have over 24" of ice on the lake. But we've had some nice days, the days are getting longer and spring will come.
    Big changes for me, I resigned as manager or SYC last fall and will soon be selling my % to my partner. (Lesson learned, never a minority partner be.)
    I am having rotator cuff surgery next week, so with one arm and no shop I brought The Princess up to Bob's shop to have him do the spring tune up. On the list is the bright work which really needed to be done last spring. Recoat the bottom, I got four years on the Vivid bottom paint but that should have been done last spring as well. I noticed last fall that water was getting into the cockpit sole core around my rudder post. I caulked the joint to get me through the year but now I'll have Bob open it up and repair it properly. There are also four years worth of nicks and scratches I'll have him tune up.
    With the slow recovery from shoulder surgery I'm sure to be truly "single handing" a lot this summer. The Princess's simple rigging will be even more appreciated.
    There will be 5 Commanders on the lower lake this summer and there is some talk of informal One Design racing. We'll see if that pans out.
    Attached Images