Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

I've been digging around looking at dodger designs that will fit my particular needs. Having a convertible or drop-top feature is pretty easy to accomodate into nearly all dodger designs. That is the 'easy' part. However, the areas that needed addressing here are the extreme 'sweep' outward these new, fatter cockpit coamings have and the not-so-typical mounting location of the dodger main frame on the cabintop. I purposely provided a solid mounting pad on the aft end of the cabintop coamings for mounting hardware being it was easy to do while I was in the area. But, as you all know, traditional dodgers frames are typically mounted on the cabin sides below the plane of the cabin top, or, on the breakwaters at the forward end of the coamings, or, on the coaming itself.

Years ago Ebb brought to our attention a company called Iverson Design and they had this photo of a Dana 24 with a dodger design that looks like it will fit my needs pretty good. It should be possible to add some removable 'wings' that will extend the dodger sides from the aft bow to a point just forward of the winches if deemed necessary in weather. Otherwise, I think going forward would be a little less restricted by the dodger sans wings. I think a bimini would be a nice addition too for sunnier climes. (read NOT Minnesota) And I am totally with Ebb in the cockpit version of a three season room.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tony G; 01-26-2010 at 04:41 PM.