+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Hybrid View

Hey Tony, I'm sure you remember the Enclosed Head thread? It was A-412 that had this modification. A-412's head looks awfully tight though, like you'd have to tuck yourself in there up under the side deck.

Maybe Kurt will pipe in on the status of his aft cabin head? I wonder if he's still got it located there?

My "someday plans" are to add a compression post and add an enclosed head in the hanging locker location. I'd extend the bulkhead out to the compression post make more room for the head with an off-center passageway to the v-berth. I would pretty much keep most other things the way they are with 2 quarter berths and the v-berth. I need sleeping for 4 however, so you may have some more options as far as your galley, etc.

If you did something like this, you could run your anchor chain down a pipe by this bulkhead and maybe store the chain in a locker built where the portable head is now?

Neat idea with the hatch on the sea hood, but wouldn't that allow water to enter the cabin from the back and up underneath the sea hood? You could probably come up with something like bulwarks or baffles to discourage that though. Although, with a dodger... That might be a nice mod in any event just for more ventilation in the cabin.

PS. I'm glad you didn't rip out your nice curvaceous cabinetry! Those are way too nice to redo!

PSS. Looks like you did away with your forward opening ports too?
    Last edited by mbd; 05-19-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: PSS
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

+ Reply to Thread