Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

Tony,

Fear not the gathering gloom. Watch lights fade in every room. OOOPs, that was a line from one of the old Moody Blues songs, maybe Nights in White Satin??? Anyway, it doesn't apply to you in any case. You know what? I'd do what you have to do to go sailing!!! Looking at the insides of racing boats that have literally NOTHING inside them means that you can do something with whatever is left to do inside your boat! Trust me, when the wind is blowing, especially after dark, and the water is rushing past the hull in the darkness with starry skies above, what is below doesn't matter a bit!!. I sail with a bunch of Hunter Beneteau sugar scoop transom-ed, entertaining oriented 46 footer plus folks in a cruising club here in Texas (and they all have blenders, sat TV, radar, and dinghy's) and my boat is the smallest, least sophisticated, oldest, cheapest, and probably slowest boat on our cruises. But guess what? Everyone loves my boat because it goes where the others can't, takes the seas just as well as theirs, doesn't need more than my hands on the tiller, and looks GREAT when tucked amongst the white massive vessels with all the jazz inside them (see that little blue boat amongst the biggies?). Sooooo! Your goal should be to get the exterior in shape, step the mast, and go sailing. You can have a project below that no one will see or care about!! Go for it!!
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hull376; 04-27-2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Kent