Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

soft-side head

Tony, we just don't have the beam of even a Flicker!

Suggestions, you know me, always suggestions.....
    Suppose you did have the head where you show the cardboard model.
    But instead of hard sides you had soft sides. We've got super Nylon zippers now
    - you could have a zip open door in a CANVAS enclosure.

Knees could poke into the sides until the body is settled
    - maybe it could be large enough to turn around in.
    Could have a second set of zippers that will unzip the whole enclosure and gather it at the side.

A head doesn't get that much use, but it could be made to zip into a private space without too much fuss.
    Test it out with cloth model. And it could be made larger because it is temporary. Permanently temporary.

There are many extraordinary fabrics these days there would be something for the job. I like the tan of the cardboard.
    It could be a relatively heavy material so that it holds shape without wrinkles or folds. R, why not Sunbrella?
    By the same token, more room can be found over where the portside cupboards used to be at the main bulkhead.
    Might even have a fold down sink there. But it could be the same fabric enclosure that would be gathered out of the way for open space.
    The problem really is that the deck gets in the way of the head. The human head.
    The loo would be under a cushion so the function wouldn't be noticed right off.

There would always be the option when using the throne to zip up the canvas cabin - or not.
    Last edited by ebb; 05-21-2010 at 07:45 AM.