+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deck scuppers

Hybrid View

338 is open thru the taffrail also. But the end is partially raised with a wedge of what for all the world looks like gelcoat. Any water left on the deck puddles there at the end of the toe rail and of course eventually left a brown stain.

Do other Ariels have this added feature of not allowing the deck to drain fully even tho it is open all the way thru? Was the 'wedge added to prevent a drip stain from occuring on the transom?

I would like to remove the gelcoat wedge filler and fair the run right off the back of the boat. I was thinking that the removal would be easy and a little sharp lip could be epoxied in place to create a drip edge that wouldn't want to run down the transom. Any thoughts on this?

Another draining problem is the far corners of the cockpit seats where on 338 there is evidence of water collecting. Has anybody come up with a solution for this?

[I just had a minor inspiration in that I saw the fix for the aft corners of the seats. There are off the shelf grey tube electrical sweeps which with appropriate collars and strate bits could be led from a hole in the corner down along the lazarette bulkhead and thru the cockpit seat side with a hole like the lid drains that are already there. Boont Amber Ale, Anderson Valley] Anybody done anything like this or even found it necessary? I'm also not sure that PVC and epoxy like to get connected?
    Last edited by ebb; 08-05-2002 at 07:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread