Thread: A-231 Periwinkle

Threaded View

While I once subscribed to the idea that I was going to keep Periwinkle's systems very simple (at least that was my plan 10 years ago)... I couldn't resist a Radar I stumbled upon last summer. It's a old 12" Sitex T150. The problem is how and where to mount it. I had in the back of my mind the thought I might make it a "clip-on" that could be removed when I didn't plan to use it. A mount on the Spinnaker car was one choice, Another is at the stern rail. Of all the boats I've sailed on, those with a pole mount on the stern seemed the least likely to foul lines etc. I looked at Mr Lackey's install along the center line of his Triton (http://www.triton381.com/projects/re...ectronics2.htm ), very nice but a similar install with my split stern rail would result in a lot of struts to keep it in place. The second best option seems to be the location mocked up below (port side aft).

The obstacles to this install will be the 6" deck flange and the pole blocking a clear path between the deck cleat and the fair lead. Argh! this would be easier if the lazarette hatch was smaller or the boat was couple feet longer. Looks like the 6" flange will have to go....
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 03-12-2007 at 10:31 AM.