So it has been a long time coming, but it is time to part ways with Sea Glass. She is up for sale and needs a new home.

She has been a wonderful vessel, has given me and my family many many cherished memories, and has always gotten me and my crew home safely. But she should not be sitting in the side yard like she has been. It's criminal. The diesel needs attention or repowering, and that is just not in the cards for me. So for someone who is ready for that challenge, she's a perfect fit and ready.

I'm very sad however - but it's not all bad either. Remember sv Totoro, that perky little Sea Sprite 23 from a few posts earlier? Well, as it turns out, after 2 years, the owner never had her hauled down to Jersey or picked her up. The first winter, I shoveled the snow out of her cockpit and put a tarp over her. The next winter I kept checking on things and she still hadn't left.

That following spring, as I was commissioning Sea Glass to sail her engineless for the season, I talked it over with my wife and said, what if I offer Totoro's owner a ridiculous price? Long story short, I did, he said yes, and the little orphaned SS23 found a home.

So I have been, and will continue sailing Totoro for the immediate future. At this point in time, with 2 high schoolers and their schedules, the smaller boat is just a better fit. So we'll continue on with Sea Glass' little sister and hope Sea Glass finds a new family she can take care of soon.