PDA

View Full Version : Out Board Plug

Mike Goodwin
02-12-2002, 07:48 PM
Who was going to loan me an out board plug to make a mold from ?
Was it fearless leader , Bill ?
I can pull a mold and make new plugs for anyone needing such .

Bob G
02-13-2002, 09:15 AM
I would also be interested in getting a new outboard plug made. I had a friend help me doing some things on Petral. He wanted to learn some things about sailboats. One thing he learned was that love stinks. oops, I mean plugs sink. His heart was in the right place. Oh well.
One question. Is it likely that one size plug fits all?

tcoolidge
02-24-2002, 09:41 PM
Hi
I have a plug you can use if you're willing to arrange it's transportation half way across the country and agree to return it. I will say I'm a bit skeptical about one size fitting all but if you're welcome to give it a try. Might be easier to make a mold to fit out of plywood. Tom

Mike Goodwin
02-25-2002, 05:42 AM
Thanks,

Commanderpete has volunteered his plug and he is just a couple of hundred miles north of me .
Since all the boats were built from the same mold or all the molds were built from the same plug at least , they should have the same plug socket .
It wouldn't make $$$$ sense to build a outboard plug custom for each boat on the production line .
If you notice , all the boats were prepared for inboards too , but most seem to get outboards .

My neighbor has just purchased Commander 105 , so we can try Pete's plug in C-105 & A-45 and we know it fits Pete's boat . Should be a good enough test .

Mike G

bkeegel2
02-25-2002, 06:05 AM
Mike,

I have a plug and am only an hour or two away. You are welcome to borrow it if you'd like.

Mike Goodwin
02-25-2002, 02:16 PM
I wish I had heard from you on Friday , Pete has one on the way to me from Long Island .
Where are you keeping your boat ? Northern Neck area ?
We need to do a raft-up party this year , my neighbor just bought Commander 105 and there are a few more around !

commanderpete
02-26-2002, 08:08 AM
In looking at my plug, I noticed that there is a strip of old dried glue around the underside of the top lip. It looks like there was some type of gasket there at one point.

Anybody have any info on that?

bkeegel2
02-26-2002, 01:36 PM
Mike,

Sorry, I've been out of touch for a while--I just saw that you were still looking for a plug this week. I am in Deltaville at the mouth of the Rappahannok. I live in Richmond and have the plug at my house. BTW I've heard that if you want to operate with the plug in you need to bolt or glue it down. That could also be why there is a gasket around yours Pete.

We definately need to meet on the water sometime this season!

Talk to you later.

Mike Goodwin
02-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Your boat isn't the one out of the water a Deagle's yard is it ?

Mike Goodwin
03-03-2002, 07:16 AM
Thanks Pete ! Got the plug friday . Hope to go down to the boat and try the fit .

So how many folks need plugs?

bkeegel2
03-05-2002, 05:58 AM
Mike,

My boat is in the water at J&M. It has a green hull and off-white deck. The name is Lucky Break.

Bill
03-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Any progress on producing outboard well plugs :confused:

Mike Goodwin
03-02-2003, 05:22 PM
I got all setup to work on the molds today and the rain chased me back inside . Really looking forward to spring getting here .

Bill
07-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I got all setup to work on the molds today and the rain chased me back inside . Really looking forward to spring getting here .

Hey Mike, did you every get back outside to work on the mold - :confused:

Mike Goodwin
07-08-2005, 04:30 PM
I'm in the middle of moving shop , as soon as I get everything close to normal , I'll be 'plugging' away !
I have the old plug all ready to take the mold and I was going to do it this week , but my tooling resin had gone bad on me . I'm getting some resin on monday or tuesday.

Bill
07-08-2005, 07:35 PM
Sounds good ;)