PDA

View Full Version : rudder drawings

tcoolidge
10-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Does anyone have a scale drawing of the rudder/ruddershaft with specifications? Looked through my manual and there isn't one. Could be because I have the first manual, not the updated one. If version two has plans I'll buy one. I was hoping to build a new rudder and have it ready so that when I get the new rudder shoe I could haul the boat and replace everything, shoe, rudder/shaft, all at once and be done with it without having to leave the boat on the hard for any length of time. (expensive)
Or am I better off leaving the boat out of the water and using the existing rudder as a template to account for any unique measurements the boat might have? Thanks in advance for any input.

Bill
10-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Yes, the second edition of the manual has a drawing of the rudder and rudder shaft, etc. The "scale" drawing of the rudder board, however, is not included. It's full sized and about four feet square! If you are interested in a copy, I will look for the drawing and then get a price for duplicating. My guess is that it will cost around $10 - $15. Send me an E-mail so I don't forget. Things are a little crazy around here right now.