PDA

View Full Version : Haulout

Janice Collins
05-12-2003, 03:21 AM
Wayward Star is hauled out for the month of May. I'm replacing the port coaming , recoring the foredeck .
Just making her strong for this upcoming hurricane season.
Here's Wayward Star on the hard. That's my son standing next to the boat.
A man walked by yesterday and said,"Who's Ariel is that?" He has one in Huntington NY and says no matter where he goes, he sees an Ariel! He saw one in the Bahamas also.

Janice Collins
05-12-2003, 03:25 AM
Recoring the foredeck!

Janice Collins
05-12-2003, 03:30 AM
Starboard deck fiberglass repair.

Janice Collins
05-12-2003, 03:32 AM
Coaming off .

Richard
05-12-2003, 06:00 AM
Janice -
I noticed you are from St. Thomas. I am currently in Buffalo and my Ariel is on the Chesapeake. My plans will take me (and my Ariel) in your direction. I plan on leaving the Bay around the end of August - Mid-September. I will head for Bermuda and spend a few weeks there and then the plan is to go south to the Virgins. My girlfriend lives in St. Thomas and she currently has a position crewing on a yacht that is on its way to the Med. Our plan is to meet up and cruise together. Of course everything will be dependant on cooperating weather, but I'd love to look you up and chat when I do eventually arrive.

Richard

P.S. - Nice photos!

commanderpete
05-12-2003, 06:56 AM
I'm not a naval architect, but I think you want to carry the extra ballast lower in the boat ;)

Hull376
05-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Janice,

Good to see work in progress. Now go order at least one of those Ariel name plates we had copied off of 376 to go on your new coaming. I'll look terrific!

Theis
05-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Janice:

Is that a metal bar underneath the foredeck? I have assumed that the bow cleat is attached through a metal plate, but you know about assumptions. Seeing your picture made me want to ask rather than assume.

Hull376
05-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Peter,

I cut open the guts on my foredeck a few months ago for a repair, and what you see down the middle of the deck is a stout peice of wood, not pipe. You can see the outline on the underside of the deck pretty clearly if you take a look inside your yacht.

Theis
05-15-2003, 08:59 PM
That's not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping that it was a piece of stainless or something that a cleat could not pull through. Have to go back to the drawing boards now. I now have the first item on next year's project list. And as for assumptions.....