PDA

View Full Version : Should we make a Gallery forum?

Bill II
01-22-2003, 05:25 PM
I noticed a number of photo threads througout the site. I can create a new forum that is dedicated to photos. Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Bill Jr.

commanderpete
01-23-2003, 07:34 AM
The forum won't let me vote. "Session invalid." It seems I've been stripped of my voting privileges.

I would've thought that unfortunate incident at the Regatta party had long since been forgotten.

Dan Maliszewski
01-23-2003, 07:57 AM
Nonsense, Pete. I thought that "moon over Miami" stunt was a laugh riot.
A gallery forum would be nice, especially if it can be cross referenced to the threads from which it sprang.(sprung?)

commanderpete
01-23-2003, 09:18 AM
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. I thought I maintained some modesty by wearing a protest flag.

mrgnstrn
01-23-2003, 10:39 AM
well, most of the galleries are of someone re-doing, re-building, etc and spur a number of technical questions about how that particular owner is doing something or why.

the only galleries that make sense to separate are the "look how pretty my boat is" kind. which we seem to have many fewer of than the "look at how i destroyed my boat" type.

maybe a compromise would be to not put the pics in another place, but instead creat some sort of index (that's what we really need)

bill, is that possible? A forum that just lists all the galleries and then links/sends you to the technical thread, with all it's associated discussion. and let the pics reside in the technical arena (well, those as described above about re-building, etc)

maybe the new forum can do both, hold the "pretty boat" pics and link one to the "torn up boat" pics.

just a though.

but i do really like the idea of at least a single place to go to find pics.

-km #3

Bill II
01-23-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by commanderpete
The forum won't let me vote. "Session invalid." It seems I've been stripped of my voting privileges.

Try logging out/resetting cookies and then logging in again. I checked your profile and saw nothing that should cause a problem. :cool:

]Originally posted by mrgnstrn
well, most of the galleries are of someone re-doing, re-building, etc and spur a number of technical questions about how that particular owner is doing something or why.

the only galleries that make sense to separate are the "look how pretty my boat is" kind. which we seem to have many fewer of than the "look at how i destroyed my boat" type.

maybe a compromise would be to not put the pics in another place, but instead creat some sort of index (that's what we really need)

bill, is that possible? A forum that just lists all the galleries and then links/sends you to the technical thread, with all it's associated discussion. and let the pics reside in the technical arena (well, those as described above about re-building, etc)

maybe the new forum can do both, hold the "pretty boat" pics and link one to the "torn up boat" pics.

just a though.

but i do really like the idea of at least a single place to go to find pics

Very good point. I did some research with your suggestions in mind and found some interesting ideas:

PhotoPost (http://www.photopost.com/indexpro.html)
PhotoPost features and cost (http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html)

They have some links to sites using photo post as well.

Bill :D

commanderpete
01-23-2003, 12:30 PM
I vote for the "pretty boat" gallery. I've been dying to show off how well my restoration project turned out.

Brent
02-01-2003, 09:05 AM
I recall lamenting some time ago that our "Facts & Photos" page doesn't really have much in the way of photos. If we cannot put any photos there, a link to a gallery here in the Forums would be just as good.