PDA

View Full Version : Cleaing scuff marks

Al Lorman
11-05-2001, 07:51 AM
Now I know why they make non-marking soles for boat shoes. What I don't know if how to clean the black marks my son's new shoes left on my deck (and cockpit and....). My deck has been painted, so I'm concerned about using solvents that I'm sure would take off the scuff marks, but might also take off the paint. An amazing variety of household cleaners didn't work very well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Amazingly enough, the fact that my boat is covered with black scuff marks did nothing to spoil an abolsutely glorious day of sailing on the Chesapeake yesterday. And my son loves his new shoes.)

Mike Goodwin
11-05-2001, 08:35 AM
Al,

I would use GoJo Citrus Orange handcleaner , like you see in the auto shops . It is remarkable , I keep a jug on #45 all the time .
In the unlikely event that does not work , try Soft Scrub cleaner .

Mike

Bill
11-05-2001, 08:53 PM
Practical Sailor liked a product that had cleaning black marks in its name. I've seen it at the chandlery (red & black label on white bottle. You might read the information on the label. :confused:

Al Lorman
11-06-2001, 06:03 AM
Thanks, Mike and Bill. I'll try the GoJo first (if I can find it), and if that doesn't work, I'll try to track down the product Practical Sailor liked.

Al