PDA

View Full Version : NuTeak - Any Experience?

carbonsoup
12-13-2015, 06:15 PM
Im thinking of 'teaking' the cockpit and was wondering if anyone had used NuTeak. It looks like a possible candidate, however, with any of the imitation teak surfacing it would seem that it would lack the ability to go all the way to the edge.

http://www.nuteak.com

there was another company that I had found a couple years ago that supplied real teak strips already bonded to FRP sheets... this sounds a little more flexible in terms of strength and fabrication ease...

matt

sail65
12-13-2015, 06:59 PM
last summer I patterned and installed a new deck on a 38' hood, with great results. The company is plasdeck, of which I visited. There product is easy to work with and very comfortable for standing & has great traction, more so then natural wood. Leaving a 1" or 2" border shows a nice look and allows for water drainage. Personally I'm not a fan of synthetic teak, but requirements for maintenance are none.

Bill
12-14-2015, 10:22 PM
The last edition of Practical Sailor had a lead article on synthetic teak decking. Recommended Permateek and Marinedeck. Nothing on NuTeak, but the article might be a worthwhile read. Their final note: ". . . unless you are set on a teak aesthetic, a more practical long-term option is painting on a two-part linear polyurethane nonskid . . ."